Our Commitment to Privacy
Welcome to Luvocracy. There are lots of different ways you can use Luvocracy – to find, recommend, and buy products, to communicate with other people or to simply trust your friends and other experts for their great taste. When you take any of these actions, for example by creating a Luvocracy Account, you can help us make those services even better – to show you more relevant products, to help you connect with people or to make recommending products, and our other services, quicker and easier. We recognize and respect the importance of maintaining the privacy of our visitors and members. As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information and when we disclose it.
- How to access and update your personal information.
Your privacy matters to Luvocracy so please take the time to familiarize yourself with our policies, and if you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Information Do We Collect About Our Customers?
We gather the following types of information:
- Information you provide to us. For example, we collect registration information you provide when you create an account, including your name, email address and password, as well as any additional voluntary information you may submit with your profile, such as your photo, location, website and biography. We collect transaction information you provide when you purchase a product or service through us, including your address, telephone number and payment information. We may also collect information you provide when you search, contact customer service, or participate in contests, promotions, surveys, public forums, content submissions, chats, requests for suggestions. We also collect personal information of people to whom you have shipped purchases, including their names, addresses, phone number names and e-mail addresses, and we collect email addresses of people whom you send invitations using our services. We also collect User Content you submit, as that term is defined in the Terms of Service.
Information we receive from your use of our services.
We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, such as the web pages you visit or the products you view, search for, purchase, or recommend. This information includes:
When you use our services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends. This "log data" may include information such as:
- the type of browser you use
- your Internet Protocol ("IP") address
- the webpage you were visiting before you came to our website and the webpage you go to next
- details of how you use our service, such as the pages of our website that you visit, the time spent on those pages, the web pages of products that you recommend, your search queries, and the dates and times of your visits
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or Luvocracy Account
- Social Networking Accounts. You can create or log in to your Luvocracy account by entering the credentials of an account that you may have with certain social networking sites such as Facebook or Twitter. If you do this, we will collect personal information from your social network account (such as your name, email address, profile picture and other information that the social network designates as publicly available) and use that information to create your Luvocracy account. What information we collect may depend on your social network account’s privacy settings.
- Log Data. When you use our services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends. This "log data" may include information such as:
- Information we receive from our partners. We may combine your information with information that we acquire from our partners. For example, we may obtain updated delivery or address information from carriers and combine that with information we have about you.
How Does Luvocracy Use My Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business. We may use your information in the following ways:
We use your information to provide and improve the services we provide you. We use your information to process your orders, and we may store your payment information so that you do not have to re-enter it every time you make a purchase. If you enter a contest or promotion, we use the information you provide to notify contest winners and award prizes. We also use your information to provide an enhanced and more personalized interactive shopping experience.
We use your information to communicate with you. You can expect to receive a welcome email to confirm your username and password. We may use your information to send you service-related emails, to respond to your inquiries, to provide services you request, and to manage your account. We will also send you promotional emails, including offers and discounts, and newsletters. Generally, as long as you have a Luvocracy account, you may not opt-out of service related communications. You can opt-out of promotional emails during registration, by following the unsubscribe instructions within each email, or by emailing email@example.com.
We use log data and information collected from cookies and other technologies to improve your experience and the overall quality of our services. We use this information to store your preferences. We also use this information to analyze visitors’ use of our services, and gauge the areas of interest to you in order to better tailor our services to your needs.
How Do We Share the Information We Collect?
We may share your information in the following ways:
With Your Consent. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Luvocracy when we have your consent to do so.
Promotional Offers. We may provide you with information about third party products and services we believe will be of interest to you, and we may provide you with opportunities to participate in third party offers or promotions. Your participation in these events may require us to share your information with these third parties. We will ask for your permission before we do.
Aggregate and Non-Identifying Information. We may share aggregate and other non-personal information and log data with our partners in order to improve the overall experience of our services.
Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as conducting surveys or promotions; sending communications to you on our behalf; serving advertisements to you; providing maintenance services, database management, and website analytics. We also provide your payment information to our service providers for payment processing and verification. We do not authorize our service providers to make any other use or disclosure of your information.
Social Networking Sites. We may share your information with the social networking sites that you have linked to your account. These social networking sites have access to your information only for this purpose and we do not authorize them to disclose or use it for any other purpose (unless the social networking site has received your personal information independently of Luvocracy).
Facebook Connect. We allow you the option to share your recent Luvocracy activity on Facebook. You may disable Facebook Connect at any time by logging into your Luvocracy profile and selecting the disable option.